Wednesday, October 11, 2006

War, What is it Good For... Part 2

I’ve now read through the latest Iraq mortality study. The methods were quite similar to the study published in 2004 and seem solid. I’ll admit I’m not an expert in epidemiological methods, but my limited knowledge of cluster sampling jives well with what they did. A more informed discussion of the 2004 article’s methods, with rebuttals to many criticisms, can be found here. I would imagine that the same potential criticisms and comments would apply in the present study.

Some of you may wonder – why is this even being discussed on a Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry site? Maybe because people dying in droves is much more important than anything currently happening in psychology or psychiatry. I suggest all of you pay attention to this study and watch what the media does with it.

No comments: