- My vote for informed rant of the week easily goes to Philip Dawdy, who covers many topics in his post about a man with schizophrenia who is running into problems with, to use Dawdy's words, the "Nanny State."
- Regarding Deborah Powell, Dean of the University of Minnesota Medical School, taking a seat on the board of PepsiAmericas, please check out Health Care Renewal and the Periodic Table. In fact, Health Care Renewal has been bubbling with a slew of good stuff this week.
- Pharma Giles is now, at least in my world, the undisputed king of acronyms! Check out the TAMPONED initiative and what kind of TARTS make such a program possible. Under the TARTS link, make sure to read the section about SSRIs.
- Bipolar Blast has a good post regarding problems related to withdrawing from benzodiazepines.
- Speaking of drug withdrawal, Fiddaman has an excellent picture that summarizes the problem (well, one of many problems) with Paxil/Seroxat quite nicely.
- On the same topic, Seroxat Secrets has also been going to town about Seroxat's problems.
- In addition, Depression Introspection wonders if there's something fishy about the Mood Disorders Questionnaire.
- And as always, check out PharmaGossip and Pharmalot to catch the latest breaking news on almost everything of note in the Pharma world.
Friday, March 09, 2007
Many excellent posts have emerged this week that you simply must read.