Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Antidepressants: You Dropped a Bomb on Me

According to a hot-off-the-press article in the New England Journal of Medicine, publication bias in antidepressants has been quite quite substantial. Much as I've documented in a recent post, the researchers found a great deal of misinterpreted research and buried studies.

Hats off to the researchers for their impressive and thorough analysis. Unfortunately, I have no time to comment on the study in more depth now. In the meantime, read David Armstrong's excellent piece in the Wall Street Journal. I plan to offer my take on this sordid tale in the near future.

If you've read my blog for long, you are aware that I am qualified to say "TOLD YOU SO!" on this topic. I hope that the bomb dropped on the drug industry from this study's results is heard loudly and clearly across the world.

No comments: