Monday, April 09, 2007

Zyprexa Marketing Gone Wild




Above are some pictures of a Swiss Army Knife and a tape measure, both adorned with the Zyprexa name, which can be purchased on Ebay. The Swiss Army Knife was apparently used in the Zyprexa Primary Care marketing campaign as a gift to doctors (see the documentation here). Not sure where the tape measure came from, but I'd bet it was also some sort of marketing tool.

More on the Zyprexa marketing story can be seen here, here, here, and here.

3 comments:

. said...

Hey Clin Psych,

I got tons of those kind of things in my home, from prozac clocks to zoloft fridge magnet diaries to the paperclip thingy from seroquel.

My son knew every med name before he was 12, cause I collected every freebie. HAHAHA...

Dr. BK

PS Don't buy them on ebay anyway, I will give you all of them for free.. just pay shipping :)

Anonymous said...

Why not? If Lilly is pushing its drug as a broad spectrum psychotropic agent, then a Swiss army knife is the perfect place for product placement!! Hey, they need to brand Zyprexa to stand out from all the other wannabe broad spectrum psychotropic drugs out there.

soulful sepulcher said...

Well at least the knife wasn't in my daughter's free toiletry bag she received inpatient psych ward.I imagine the measuring tape is to measure just how far Big Pharma will go to make a buck off of consumers and fools out of doctors. [Maybe this way they can measure the patient's BMI with the damn thing.]