Thursday, May 03, 2007

Uh Oh Chuck, They Ain't Undahstanding You Man


I've had a couple people indicate confusion regarding the meaning of the titles of my posts that include "Uh-Oh Chuck They Out to Get Us Man"(1, 2, 3, 4, 5).

"Uh-Oh Chuck They Out to Get Us Man" is the opening lyric from the opening track (You're Gonna Get Yours) from the classic Public Enemy album Yo! Bum Rush the Show. Chuck D was the main voice in Public Enemy (not to neglect Flava Flav's notable contributions -- including the aforementioned opening lyric), and one of the people discussed in the posts is named Charles, which could be abbreviated to Chuck, though I don't believe the Charles in my posts goes by Chuck.

I wanted to find some way to throw in a PE lyric to my posts, so I did, even if it was a stretch. Next question...

No comments: